Our manufacturers are not just our suppliers they are our partners.
Our supportive partnerships allow us to work together to influence and encourage positive change.
We partner with many market-leading manufacturers as our collections often require specialised skills and techniques. These partnerships allow us to push boundaries and overcome challenges, which help us maintain our exceptional design standards.
Our collections are crafted by highly-skilled artisans in China, Bangladesh and India. Many of the leather manufacturers we partner with are international leaders that offer the highest technical capabilities. We are continually researching viable local manufacturing options as a way to support local industries.
The Country Road Group has received a high A- rating in the latest Baptist World Aid Ethical Fashion Report. This rating, which is amongst the highest for Australian retailers, acknowledges our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards and improving working conditions in our supply chain.
We understand it's our responsibility to drive continuous positive change. At a very minimum, our suppliers are required to adhere to the high ethical standards outlined in the Country Road Group's Code of Labour Practice. We're also committed to empowering marginalised artisans through our partnership with the Ethical Fashion Initiative.
Ethical trading principles +
- That employment be freely chosen, not forced, bonded or resulting in involuntary prison labour;
- That freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining is respected;
- That working conditions are safe and hygienic;
- That child labour will not be permitted;
- That living wages should be paid;
- That working hours are not excessive
- That discrimination should never be permitted or tolerated;
- That regular employment is provided;
- That harsh or inhumane treatment should not be allowed;
- Commitment to compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, and a commitment to environmental efficiency and improvement over time.
Code of Labour Practice +
Regardless of location, all manufacturers are required to adhere to the Code of Labour Practice which is aligned with the International Labour Organisation’s conventions in relation to ethical trade and the Ethical Trade Initiative base code.
Read our full Code of Labour Practice here.
Social compliance checks +
Suppliers undergo regular social compliance checks conducted by independent auditors, or are required to supply audit reports from independent auditors, to ensure they meet the standards of the code.
If you're passionate about sustainability or want to ask us any
questions about our journey, contact us at email@example.com